Astronautics Corporation of America, a world leader in the research and development ofmagnetic refrigeration technology, has a challenging opportunity to drive the state‑of‑the‑art in this emerging Green alternative to conventional HVAC&R Technologies.
- Contribute to the design, development, and construction of state-of-the-art magnetic refrigeration systems, focusing on mechanical, fluidic, thermal and electrical design of system components, instrumentation and test apparatus
- Contribute, through hands-on laboratory work, to the verification and performance testing of magnetic refrigeration systems and sub-systems, including comparison of measured performance to modeling predictions.
- 4+ years of engineering experience in the design/development of mechanical assemblies
- 3+ years of engineering experience in the research and development of magnetic refrigeration systems
- Experience creating parts, assemblies, and drawings in commercial CAD packages required
- Experience in correlating experimental results with models required
- Demonstrable knowledge of heat transfer and thermodynamics required
- Experience with commercial FEA/CFD packages (e.g., SolidWorks, ANSYS) required
- Experience in design of components of flow control systems and valves required
- Experience leading teams of engineers and technicians preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational skills required
- MS in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or physics preferred
Be a part of a world leading team in magnetic refrigeration technology
Position is located in Madison, WI
To apply, please submit a resume (by mail, email, or fax) to the address listed below: