Join a team that designs computers, displays, and electronic systems for aircraft of the present and future! At Astronautics, you’ll be part of a creative group of professionals who work on the cutting-edge of technology. Astronautics offers excellent pay, benefits and an opportunity for professional growth.
Job #: 0215304401
HARDWARE DESIGN ENGINEER (PLD/FPGA)
- Working with cross-functional project teams to create subsystem elements for flight-critical display and airborne server systems.
- Engaging in all phases of product development, including concept, architecture, design, test, and production support.
- Developing, simulating, synthesizing, verifying, and documenting Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) designs with VHDL as the supported HDL.
- Preparing development lifecycle documentation, including: planning documents, requirements documents, VHDL modules, timing analyses, schematics, and bills of material.
- Executing design verification activities which include target-level testing and integration in a lab environment.
- Demonstrating compliance with avionics standards (including DO-254).
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required.
- 5+ years FPGA/Programmable Logic design experience required.
- Strong proficiency in the use of HDL for design capture, digital logic simulation tools, FPGA synthesis tools, and FPGA build tools required.
- Experience in a high design assurance environment required (e.g., avionics, aerospace, medical devices).
- Must have excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Experience using requirements management and version control systems (e.g., DOORS) required.
- Must be a US Citizen or be a US Permanent Residence Card Holder.
To apply, please submit a resume (by mail, email, or fax) to the address listed below:
ASTRONAUTICS CORPORATION OFAMERICA
4115 N Teutonia Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53209
An Equal Opportunity Employer