Job #: 1014340201
- Support engineering design, development, and construction of state-of-the-art magnetic refrigeration systems, focusing on mechanical design of system components and test apparatus
- Support the instrumentation, validation, and performance testing of magnetic refrigeration systems and sub-systems, including comparison of measured performance to modeling predictions
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student working towards a BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum Overall GPA 3.0, Minimum GPA in Major 3.0 required.
- Experience operating mechanical devices and test equipment in an academic or industrial setting.
- Experience using hand tools.
- Experience using of SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD Software for component design.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent analytical, teamwork, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience using machine shop equipment preferred.
- Experience in correlating experimental results with models preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of heat transfer and thermodynamics preferred.
- Experience with commercial FEA packages (e.g., SolidWorks, ANSYS) preferred.
- Candidate must be US Citizen or US Permanent Residence Card Holder.
Be a part of a world leading team in magnetic refrigeration technology
Position is located in Madison, WI
To apply, please submit a resume (by mail, email, or fax) to the address listed below: