Join a team that designs computers, displays, and electronic systems for aircraft of the present and future! At Astronautics, you’ll be part of a creative group of professionals who work on the cutting-edge of technology. Astronautics offers excellent pay, benefits and an opportunity for professional growth.
Job #: 1014304201
EMI DESIGN ENGINEER
- Integrate design processes and techniques to assure compliance with electro-magnetic interference (EMI) requirements.
- Evaluate circuit board layout and mechanical packaging considerations for EMI compliant designs.
- Implement best practices EMI design rules and guidelines for printed circuit card layout and system level interfaces.
- Evaluate bonding, lightning, and shielding for total solution of product and system design.
- Implement EMI filter designs and other solutions to mitigate EMI compliance risks.
- Perform simulation and analysis for EMI compliance.
- Conduct tests to verify compliance with EMI requirements.
- Troubleshoot and modify designs to assure EMI requirements are met.
- Perform detailed technical analyses and create test and analysis reports.
- Review and develop technical specifications.
- Generate design documentation to ensure the delivery of a quality finished product.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field such as Physics or Math.
- 5+ years design engineering experience with 3+ years designing and testing for EMI is required.
- Knowledge of DO-160 or MIL-STD 461/464 is preferred.
- Knowledge of aircraft power and grounding is preferred.
- Experience with RF Test Equipment (e.g, Network Analyzer or Spectrum Analyzer) is required.
- Experience with circuit simulation tools (e.g., TopSPICE and Mentor Graphics HyperLynx) is preferred.
- Experience with schematic entry and board layout tools (e.g., Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and MentorGraphics PADS) is preferred.
- Must be able to perform detailed analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment is required.
- Must be capable of working independently in a lab environment.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a US Citizen or be US Permanent Residence Card Holder.
To apply, please submit a resume (by mail, email, or fax) to the address listed below:
ASTRONAUTICS CORPORATION OFAMERICA
4115 N. Teutonia Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53209
Equal Opportunity Employer