Join a team that designs computers, displays, and electronic systems for aircraft of the present and future! At Astronautics, you’ll be part of a creative group of professionals who work on the cutting-edge of technology. Astronautics offers excellent pay, benefits and an opportunity for professional growth.
Job #: 0514304201
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
- Engage in all phases of product development, including concept, architecture, design, test, and service support.
- Work with cross-functional teams to take a design from specification through design, development, test, and delivery.
- Review and develop technical specifications.
- Design electronic assemblies for specification compliance.
- Verify that designs meet or exceed all requirements and specifications.
- Analyze analog, digital, and power circuit designs.
- Perform detailed technical analyses and create test and analysis reports.
- Develop technical solutions to known production, reliability, or performance problem.
- Generate design documentation to ensure the delivery of a quality finished product.
- Facilitate design reviews with key stake holders, including Design Engineering, Production and Manufacturing.
- This individual’s primary responsibility will be to develop, qualify, and support electronic assemblies for use in Astronautics’ avionics products. This includes Discrete and Serial Input / Output (I/O), Video and Graphics Processing, Central Processing Units (CPUs), Power Supply, Backlight Drive, and Backlight electronic assemblies.
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years engineering experience in analog or power electronics design.
- Experience in design of electronics for avionics applications is desired.
- Proficient with schematic entry and board layout tools (e.g., Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and Mentor Graphics PADS).
- Proficient with circuit simulation tools (e.g., TopSPICE and Mentor Graphics HyperLynx).
- Experience using requirements management and version control systems (e.g., DOORS) preferred.
- Knowledge of DO-160 is desirable.
- Must be able to perform detailed analysis.
- Experience performing design trade studies comparing functionality, quality, and cost.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have experience in design, development, and test of electronic assemblies.
- Capable of working independently in a lab environment.
- Familiarity with Configuration Control processes is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Must be a US Citizen or be US Permanent Residence Card Holder
To apply, please submit a resume (by mail, email, or fax) to the address listed below.
ASTRONAUTICS CORPORATION OF AMERICA
4115 N. Teutonia Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53209
Equal Opportunity Employer