Join a team that designs computers, displays, and electronic systems for aircraft of the present and future! At Astronautics, you’ll be part of a creative group of professionals who work on the cutting-edge of technology. Astronautics offers excellent pay, benefits and an opportunity for professional growth.
Job #: 1114331201
- Driving systems engineering processes, methodologies and tools to the design of systems and new product development within the project team.
- Performing customer requirements capture, analysis and test of avionics systems comprised of software, electronic, and mechanical subsystems and components.
- Developing product architecture (systems, software, hardware), including assessing feasibility and technical risk.
- Preparing and reviewing systems documentation, including requirement, design, interface, and verification documents.
- Performing validation of requirements across multiple tiers of customer and system requirements.
- Allocating system-level requirements to and coordinating development with subsystem design teams (software, hardware, mechanical).
- Defining and authoring test plans and procedures and performing formal requirement verification.
- Driving the integration and test of the system in a laboratory environment both at Astronautics and at the customer’s location.
- Preparing statements of work for and supporting technical management of engineering activities.
- Performing System Safety Assessments for high reliability systems in accordance with ARP 4761.
- Directly support business development activities, including: bids, proposals, cost estimates, and aircraft surveys.
- Leading technical coordination with customers.
- Lead technical team in support of Business Development to develop proposal for capture of future projects.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, or Computer Science required.
- 6+ years Systems Engineering experience required, must also have strong project leadership experience.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word and Excel required; proficiency in the use of scheduling tools (e.g.: MS Project) preferred.
- Experience using requirements management (e.g.: DOORS) and version control systems required.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must have experience in preparing, developing, and tracing system requirement specifications.
- Knowledge about the operation and design of aircraft subsystems and auto-pilot instruments is a plus.
- Knowledge of operating system architectural concepts in Linux or Real Time Operating Systems is a plus.
- Experience with Avionics, Flight Control and Flight Management Systems, Aerospace, or Military systems design preferred.
- Familiarity with military and FAA regulations and certification requirements for complex avionics equipment, as well as working knowledge of ARP 4754A preferred.
To apply, please submit a resume (by mail, email, or fax) to the address listed below: