Join a team that designs computers, displays, and electronic systems for aircraft of the present and future! At Astronautics, you’ll be part of a creative group of professionals who work on the cutting-edge of technology. Astronautics offers excellent pay, benefits and an opportunity for professional growth.
Job Number: 0814360201
The position is for a Project Engineer who will work in Astronautics’ Engineering Department. This individual’s primary responsibility will be to lead multidisciplinary engineering teams focused on design and manufacture of leading-edge avionics products.
- Lead multidisciplinary engineering teams (electrical, mechanical, software, and systems) through the planning, implementation, and verification phases of development for high design assurance systems.
- Engage in all phases of product development, including concept, architecture, design, test, productionisation, and service support.
- Demonstrate technical leadership to ensure that designs meet or exceed customer specifications.
- Provide technical leadership for supplier and subcontractor performance.
- Propose and manage the design of product improvements and technology updates.
- Plan and manage schedules, budgets, and design reviews.
- Monitor and communicate project status (written and orally) to Program Management, Astronautics Management, and customers.
- Provide technical leadership in discussions and negotiations with Astronautics customers and Program Management team.
- Ensure the timely creation and review of all product documentation to support customer and regulatory requirements.
- Lead technical teams in support of Business Development to develop proposals for capture of future projects.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required; Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in project management of embedded electronic equipment (hardware and software) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment required.
- Working knowledge of MS Project required.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience within an engineering organization required.
- Experience performing design trade studies comparing functionality, quality, and cost preferred.
- Knowledge of AS9100, ARP-4754, DO-160, DO-254, and DO-178 is desirable.
- Experience in the design of avionics or other safety critical systems are desired.
To apply, please submit a resume (by mail, email, or fax) to the address listed below: