Reporting to the CIO, the Director of Business Systems Consulting provides strategic and operational leadership for the business systems consulting team to provide business process improvements and deliver enterprise information systems. Responsibilities include developing partnerships with business leaders, organizing business objectives and goals, and supporting the achievement of these goals by designing and implementing process improvements utilizing project management, business analysis techniques and identifying, recommending, developing and implementing cost-effective information system solutions. This position requires excellent leadership, organizational, communication and project management skills. It also provides oversight for the project specifics including timelines, budgets, resource allocation, compliance, risk management, systems integration and quality. Other duties include the management and support of day-to-day production issues, problem identification and resolutions. Also acts as an escalation point to resolve urgent or complex customer service issues.
- Supervises a professional staff and provides overall direction and guidance to assigned project team members
- Overall responsibility for staff recruitment, development and succession planning
- Manages the systems analysis, programming and project management activities for enterprise-wide ERP core applications, engineering applications and other standalone systems
- Leads initiatives to improve business process efficiencies in accordance with project priorities and direction from business leaders
- Evaluates business requirements and utilizes strategic and operational thinking to develop process and system solutions
- Utilizes cross-functional business knowledge expertise to design and develop process and systems solutions
- Implements and adheres to software development lifecycle management (SDLC) methodologies (i.e. “waterfall” & “agile”) to document business cases, functional requirements, test plans, metrics and service level agreements (SLA) for delivery of IT services that support enterprise business goals
- Utilizes and promotes/mentors project management practices
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet customers’ expectations
- Applies and promotes business analysis continuous improvement practices such as Six Sigma and Kepner Trego problem solving and decision making
- Has fiscal responsibility including the development and control of an operating budget
- Is accountable to the organization through the setting of goals and measurements and drives continuous improvements in efficiency and quality
- Build and motivate a team environment
- Promotes and focuses on delivering excellent customer service
- Development of IT standards, policies and procedures to improve efficiencies and quality
- Manages the resolution of system and process problems using organizational and trouble shooting skills
- Vendor management and contract negotiation
- A Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent experience is required.
- 5 years’ minimum experience managing an IT business systems team is required.
- Must have managed/owned an ERP systems implementation.
- Qualified candidates must be able to show how project management skills were used to implement project.
- Can demonstrate Software Development Life Cycle experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal relationship, leadership, organizational and decision making skills.
- Must have experience planning and maintaining department budget.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement processes such as Six Sigma and Kepner Trego is preferred.
- Project management or Six Sigma certifications are a plus.
- Proficient computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint are required.
- US Citizen/Permanent Resident – Possesses or is able to obtain a security clearance.
- Job requires up to 25% travel. Job location is Milwaukee, WI
To apply, please submit a resume (by mail, email, or fax) to the address listed below:
ASTRONAUTICS CORPORATION OF AMERICA
4115 N. Teutonia Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53209
Equal Opportunity Employer