Join a team that designs computers, displays, and electronic systems for aircraft of the present and future! At Astronautics, you’ll be part of a creative group of professionals who work on the cutting-edge of technology. Astronautics offers excellent pay, benefits and an opportunity for professional growth.
Job #: 0215710101
Business Development Manager – Airlines and Commercial Aircraft OEMs
The Business Development Manager will be responsible market key ACA products and services to commercial air transport airlines and avionic OEMs within designated geographical area under the leadership of the Director of Business Development. In addition, you will be responsible for forecasting bookings and revenue targets and meeting assigned sales targets derived from the sales of Nexis, EFBs and other products/services applicable to the airline market. The role acts as the primary customer facing company representative both internally and externally.
- Drive the development and execution of the agreed sales strategy within the customer set of airlines and OEMs.
- Ensure forecasts are updated regularly with updated status information at all times.
- Be the primary contact for customers within the region and regularly meet with customers.
- Arrange and execute contract review meetings to include presenting complex financial data.
- Recognition and management of adhoc sales opportunities at all times.
- Have a good understanding of ACA’s products and services as well as airline and aircraft markets.
- Monitor and report on competitor and market place trends to allow reaction to market movements.
- Pro-actively initiate, maintain and grow contacts within a given set of customers at all levels of management.
- Support Sales meetings in MKE, tradeshows and conferences as required.
- Ensure the ‘Voice of the Customer’ is promoted to facilitate the sales of ACA products/services.
- Must be prepared to actively get involved in all areas of the business including but not limited to product demos, program reviews, contract review, customer negotiations and proposal writing.
- Significant travel within the designated region should be expected.
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferred areas in technical field or business. Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent understanding of server and EFB technologies with respect to the commercial aircraft and airline markets.
- 3 years of previous experience in an avionic sales organization and/or with an airline is required.
- Bright, articulate and have excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone and part of a team is a must.
- Experience in maintaining relationships with all stakeholders externally and internally.
- A solid understanding of business management systems, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills- ability to communicate at all levels of internal and external organizations as well as having the ability to write well and contribute to proposals and various publications.
- Prospective candidates should have a strong knowledge of the technical English language.
To apply, please submit a resume (by mail, email, or fax) to the address listed below: